- It may be used to speed up repetitive tasks. Ex: I am taking a Management course currently and the professor has strict formating guidelines. So, what I am doing is writing code to do all the formating for me. All I need to do is press one button, instead of 2-3 minutes of clicking.
- You may be able to create features that were not originally in the program.
I think is is useful for anyone who uses Microsoft Office. Everyweek, I find other ways to use it. If you want to learn it I would suggest:
- Record a few macros in Excel and Word and look at them. This is a good starting point but you may have to alter them for them to work correctly in the future.
- Read a few books on VBA - I currently have about 30.
- If you still need help go to the great website VBA express. The people there are always willing to help. Here is a link: http://vbaexpress.com/forum/
In the future I will post some code here that I think would be useful for students. If anyone else has any code that they think may be beneficial for students email it to me and I will Post it.